Friday 24 June 2011

change of diet

i just finished reading about diet and breast milk in babycenter...and i found this one useful comment from dearest mom who have a colicky baby like mine...

I have a 4week old colicky baby boy--he always sleeps on and off fine during the daytime, and sleeps hard from 8pm to about midnight, and I think it is because what I had been eating was affecting him, since I realized this last few days I have cut down on eating milk products and anything with too much fiber after 4pm, because it hits him by midnight in my milk and he is in pain from the gas..Also I keep him halway sittin up during his sleep time in the daytime,and he is swaddled during and after BF during late night hours, so I am finally getting sleep from 6am to 10 am and taking a nap with him from 4p to 6or7pm before dinner gives me some sanity, hope this helps, oh and He also responds well to turning the lights on and moving back into the living room if he is upset at night,I turn on a radio or tv with noise and he is out again!

As a summary...i will need to change my usual diet after 4 pm...from milk, bread, rice, soup and anak tamban to plain water, rice, soup and anak tamban

i will put him halway sitting up during his day time sleep

and i will swaddled him during and after late night feeding

ps: ada 3 waktu faris will have those awful colic wind...
  • after morning bath ( tuam ,yuyi, bedung kasi warm =still colic)
  • after evening bath ( same as above )
  • after 11 am to 1 am ( yuyi, bedung and cuddle with zikir = take time to sleep with his colic)
the most disturbing time for me..is the 11 to 1...i laterally sleep sitting...terhangguk2 macam belatuk while others snoozing in heaven...Ya Allah...sungguh2 letih weh!

i need milk to give me energy as my dates supply dah out...haih..payah juga cari kurma ni kalau tak pose, i need sleep to entertain the kids in day time dgn homeschooling and flash card lagi...

i really need some break or holiday...

talking about holiday...insyaAllah...DESARU,PD,and LANGKAWI...an epic 3 holiday in 1 month....Auw...insyaAllah..may Allah make the journey as smooth sailing as possible...Amin...

No comments: